Day of Race
Hi Runners and Walkers,
Thank you to everyone who has pre-registered and to anyone who is planning to register on race day.
For race day, Saturday, March 5, 2022, we really would appreciate all runners’ and walkers’ consideration of the following information so we can get the race started on time and have everything run as smoothly as possible.
Click Here for the map that shows the general layout of the parking area, Dining Hall (registration site), bathrooms/port-a-lets, start and finish lines. This area is about 1.5 miles past O’Leno State Park’s entrance gate. The speed limit in the Park is 25 mph. Please watch for runners and walkers on the road as you approach the parking area.
1. The Park gate opens at 6:30 am. You must arrive at O’Leno State Park NO LATER THAN 7:30 AM. The Park’s gate WILL CLOSE at that time. O’Leno Park Rd will remain closed to let all runners and walkers finish the course safely. You will not be able to exit the Park before 9:15 am.
2. PARKING is about 1.5 miles after you pass the Ranger Station. A volunteer will direct you where to park as you approach this area.
3. Check-in for PRE-REGISTERED RUNNERS is from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall. Look for the ”Friends of O’Leno” banners. Locate the Pre-registration Check-in table for the first initial of your last name to check-in and receive your bib number and t-shirt. Be sure to pick up safety pins from the boxes on the table. If you purchased Friends and Family breakfast tickets with your registration, they will be at that same table.
Save your bib when you finish! It is your personal breakfast ticket!
4. DAY-OF-RACE REGISTRATION is also from 6:45 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. in the Dining Hall. Please check FriendsofOleno.org the day before the race to make sure the race has not reached its 300 registrants limit. Locate the Day of Race Registration table to register and receive your bib number and t-shirt (if quantities allow). Be sure to pick up safety pins from the boxes on the table. If you plan to register on race day, please complete a Day of Race Registration Form (Click Here) before you arrive and a check ($30 if over 14 years old, and $10 if 14 years old or younger) payable to Friends of O’Leno, Inc. Friends and Family breakfast tickets will be available for $5 on the day of the race. Save your bib when you finish! It is your personal breakfast ticket!
5. Please do not leave children unattended at the Dining Hall while you are on the course.
6. Please pin your BIB NUMBER on the front of your shirt and don’t fold, bend or remove anything from it. This will allow the disposable “chip” on the back of it to record your race time correctly.
7. Soon after the start of the race, the course will be divided to give runners coming back to the finish line a clear lane to run in. Please stay to the side of the road facing traffic as indicated by the arrows.
8. A WATER & GATORADE station will be at the finish line. Water, Gatorade, and juice will also be available in the Dining Hall before and after the race.
9. In addition to the permanent park bathroom, one PORTALET will be near the start.
10. Restrictions – For the safety of all: no pets, bicycles, skateboards, or skates allowed on the course. Strollers are permitted.
11. A park ranger will be patrolling the course to provide assistance to anyone who needs help.
12. PARTIAL RACE RESULTS will be posted on the Sponsors’ Board in the Dining Hall at about 8:45 a.m. and final results about 10 minutes after the last person finishes. Also, results will be available online at Start2Finish Race Management by race day evening. And at FriendsofOleno.org as soon as possible. Results may also be viewed on the kiosk at the finish line.
13. The AWARDS CEREMONY will start at 9:15 a.m. in the Dining Hall (registration site) and begin with a drawing for door prizes based on bib numbers. If you win an award but can’t stay for the awards ceremony, please make arrangements for someone to pick up the award for you.
14. Race day PICTURES will be on the Friends of O’Leno’s website as soon as we can organize them and upload them to our photo sharing website…usually by the end of April.
15. CARPOOLING is greatly appreciated.
16. If we are experiencing severe weather race morning, please call Ed Bisch at (352-222-0159), after 6:30 a.m. for information on possible delays or cancellation.
Thanks for having the courage to challenge Titus the Tortoise to a 5K on his home course.
Friends of O’Leno, Inc.
O’Leno State Park
410 SE O’Leno Park Rd.
High Springs, FL 32643